Friday, September 5, 2014

Slainte, part 2


A few weeks back, I wrote about an American Pale Ale named Astral Weeks. Two days ago, I had it confirmed that the beer is indeed inspired by the Van Morrison album. Nathan Zeender, head brewer at the company responsible for Astral Weeks, Right Proper Brewing, emailed me this: "The beer was brewed with Galaxy and Equinox hops, which was the 'astral' part. And it was fermented for three weeks, which is the 'weeks' part. We have a fresh batch of it that should be on tap sometime next week."

Zeender, of course, is a massive fan of the album—and quite possibly one of the more dedicated and expressive ones I've come across. His love for Astral Weeks compelled him to create an entirely new thing from scratch, a complicated and time-absorbing thing that never existed before. I just run a poorly read blog; I feel insignificant.

Anyway, this is what Zeender had to say about Astral Weeks: "I've had the record for several years. I don't really think of it as an album of songs, so much as an overly romantic young man's rambling through his hometown."

Right Proper Brewing is located in Washington, D.C. I smell a road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment